Water is essential to human lives, but when water damage occurs, it is a serious concern. Water damage can originate from groundwater, falling water, or home water system malfunction. It is wrong to think that water just dries up and goes away. If the damage is not treated promptly, it can cause serious damage. Let’s look at what will happen if water damage is not cleaned right away.
It can be toxic to your health
Flood water brings with it some hazardous contaminants like bacteria or fungi, toxic waste, chemical pollutants, and sewage. Unlike faulty plumbing leakages, flood water is nasty and dirty. Even after the water has evaporated, all these waste are left behind and can cause health risks.
Depreciates the value of your home
A real estate appraisal can be able to smell and see a sign of untreated water damage since the home already has the telltale signs. This means your home will be placed on a lower price value and fewer people will be willing to buy it.
The electrical system will be affected
Fuse boxes, electrical wiring or any outlets exposed to water can health risks and can even be fatal. Always contact a professional to inspect them and repair them properly.
Weak floors and walls
Any wooden structure within your floor or wall will absorb water slowly and become damp therefore creating room for mold to grow. It is not only a health risk to you, but a damp wall can be a structural risk.
A home for insects, bugs, and fungus
Insects love to hatch their eggs on stagnant water; they hatch and spread diseases and bacteria. As the water evaporates, it creates a conducive environment for mold and mildew to spread. The odor attracts more insects which will then spread to other areas in your home.
In case you suspect some overdue water damage in your residence and need water damage cleanup or an odor removal company, contact the team at Eagle Restore today.