Whether you are looking for a roof replacement or installing a new roof for the first time, it is a substantial investment requiring research before finalizing the details and essential roofing aspects. This is why you must understand how to ensure that it lasts as long as possible.
Ways to Make Sure Your New Roof Lasts After A Roof Replacement
- Use High-Quality Roofing Materials
Using superior quality materials for the roof will ensure it lasts longer and will keep your home protected from the harsh weather conditions and other external elements. When looking for different roofing materials, make sure to consider the following aspects:
- Weight – Roofs are usually made to handle a specific load. To increase this, you may have to strengthen the framing which requires more time and money.
- Durability – Ensure that your roof is strong enough to face the natural elements such as powerful winds, heavy rainfall, snow storms, and more.
- Lifespan – According to the type of materials you choose, the life of your roof can range from 20 to 30 years. Also, regular roof maintenance can help it last longer.
- Fire Ratings – Most of the roofing materials are given grades from an A, referring to the most effective against severe exposure, to a C that is only effective against little exposure to elements. Choose a rating that seems most suitable for your area.
- Ensure Accurate Roof Installation
Roofing experts can help install a roof accurately. When you’re assessing different roofers, consider the following factors:
- Reputation – Find out how many years of experience they have, check out the previous customers’ reviews, and make sure they have a reliable permanent address from where they operate.
- Warranties – Most roofing companies offer 20 to 25 years of product warranty along with a craftsmanship warranty to cover any potential problems related to their work. Remember to ask for the warranty policy before you finalize the purchase.
- Insurance – Your roofer must have general liability as well as workers’ compensation insurance to ensure the protection of both your home and their crew.
- Install an Efficient Attic Ventilation System
To withstand the extreme Texas climate, make sure to install the highest quality attic ventilation system. This will help prevent heat and moisture from damaging shingles, rafters, and insulation. The ratio of ventilation will depend on the roof structure and the climate in your region.
- Use Superior Quality Flashings
Flashings are pieces of metal that are installed around potential weak portions of roof such as skylights, vents, or chimneys. Make sure they are installed correctly to prevent leaks in the future.
We Provide Professional New Roof Installation & Roof Replacement
Understanding the ways to make a new roof last longer will help you choose a reputable and trustworthy roofer in Houston. Eagle Restore, LLC has been providing professional roof replacements and repairs in the Houston area for over 25 years. We have a dedicated team of expert roofers in Toronto and are committed to delivering superior results using the best materials. We provide a variety of roofing services such as attic ventilation, skylight repair, insulation, ice damming and more.
For more information about our roofing services, contact our experts by calling (832) 698-4593. You could also fill out our online form to request a free estimate.