Summertime is around the corner and that means high energy bills if you don’t conserve energy. Here are a 9 ways you can keep those bills under control.
- Switch your ceiling fans to the counter-clockwise direction for the summer. You can turn it back clockwise in the winter at a low speed.
- Use your ceiling fans instead of air conditioning when you can.
- Install ceiling fans in every room in your home.
- Change the filters on your air condition as often as recommended by the manufacturer
- Close unused air vents for rooms that you are not using.
- Set your thermostat switch to auto to save energy so that it only runs when it needs to.
- Consider a programmable thermostat that you can control from your phone to manage temperatures in your home
- Keep you home from overheating. Tint your windows, use shades, blinds and drapes.
- Open interior doors to allow air to flow freely through your home.
There you have it. 9 ways you can conserve energy and keep a lid on the energy bills in the process.
Let us know if you have other ideas to share for conserving energy.